Harbour Swimming Club Staycation Paget Island
October 5th/6th 2019
The boat has been reserved to leave Kings Wharf, St Georges at 10.30am on Saturday 5th October to take us to Paget Island. Please arrive on time and with all your kit. We will return to the dock in St Georges at around 2.15pm (departing the Island at 2.00pm) on Sunday 6th October.
The pick up will be on the waterfront between the main square and the car park so please park in the car park and walk down with gear.
Please find attached a waiver for each attendee which should be returned to Stephen Castree upon boarding the boat if not prior to the event.
Please ensure that you have the following equipment with you, we will be having all the kids in the dormitories and adults are tent based.
Adults – tent and sleeping equipment – you are responsible for bringing your own tent etc.
Clothes for Saturday and Sunday – please bring warm clothes and plenty of spare clothes in case it is wet
Shoes – for games etc Underwear
Sweaters (at least 1)
Wash gear – toothbrush etc
Swimming gear – swimsuit and goggles Torch
Games – please bring bats, balls, fishing rods (or lines), frisbees Snorkels, masks and fins
All food and drinks will be provided, but feel free to bring snacks etc with you and a drinks bottle. For adults there is no alcohol provided, please feel free to bring your own coolers though.
Please note that the adult supervisor phone numbers are below:
Stephen Castree 705 7946
Rod White 338 5285
Please complete the waiver and include phone numbers for emergency contact.
Please note that we will NOT be allowing any electronics on the Island – a strict no IPad, Gameboy etc experience – playing cards are fine. No charging facilities for any items will be available (except adults)
Waiver – Signature(s) and Date Required
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT ("WAIVER AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
I understand and acknowledge that I am legally agreeing to the statements in the following paragraphs of this Waiver Agreement by signing below and that these statements are being accepted by Harbour Amateur Swimming Club (“HASC”) in consideration for allowing my child(ren) (each a “Participant”) to participate in the Harbour Staycation at Paget Island on 3rd and 4th November 2018 (the “Camp”) being organized and run by HASC. I further understand and acknowledge that my statements are being relied upon by the members of HASC’s Board of Directors, its Executive Committee members, the Camp organizers, chaperones, administrators, volunteers and other parties defined below as the "Released Parties." This Waiver Agreement is being completed in respect of each Participant in the Camp.
1. The Participant has no physical or medical condition which would endanger the Participant or others if the Participant participates in the Camp, or would interfere with the Participant’s ability to safely participate in the Camp. I accept responsibility for the condition and adequacy of the Participant’s equipment and his/her conduct in connection with the Camp.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE HASC and all Directors, officers, members of the Executive, Camp Organizers, Camp volunteers, Camp administrators and all other persons or entities involved with the Camp (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively "Claims"), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to each Participant’s participation in the Camp.
3. On behalf of each Participant, I acknowledge and ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS and aspects of the Camp. I acknowledge that swimming and other portions of the Camp are inherently dangerous and I understand that each Participant will be participating in the Camp at his/her own risk, that I am responsible for the risk of participation in the Camp, and that I am waiving and releasing my legal rights to sue for any injury or damages arising out of or resulting from each Participant’s participation in a Camp. I further understand that any injury or damages incurred may be the result of negligence, omission or carelessness by the Released Parties.
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Waiver Agreement, and my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement on behalf of a minor Participant hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of that Participant to
legally bind the Participant to the Waiver Agreement. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of the Participant in the execution of the Waiver Agreement.
6. If any provision of this Waiver Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Waiver Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.